Church in a Brewery
Discussion Questions for 11-9-2020
- What do you take away from this story?
2. Discussing the idea of a spiritual realm and its influence on the physical realm.
3. What is the worst crime you can think of (other than the unforgivable sin)? Should it be forgivable? Why or why not?
4. Knowing that all other sins are forgivable, how does this affect your view of God, yourself and other people?
5. Discuss Jesus’ response to the Pharisees in Mark 3:25-30. What do you take from this verse?
25 Jesus knew their thoughts and replied, “Any kingdom divided by civil war is doomed. A town or family splintered by feuding will fall apart. 26 And if Satan is casting out Satan, he is divided and fighting against himself. His own kingdom will not survive. 27 And if I am empowered by Satan, what about your own exorcists? They cast out demons, too, so they will condemn you for what you have said. 28 But if I am casting out demons by the Spirit of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you. 29 For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger—someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house.
30 “Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.”